Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Hello and a Confession...

Hello!

As this is my very first post on my very own blog I'm going to have to start out with a brief intro on me.

My name is Jess! I live in the Midwest (clue : I live a few hours away from Rainbow Rowell's hometown of Omaha but I don't live in Nebraska). My favorite food is mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. I have five siblings. I'm closest to two of my sisters. One is seventeen (almost!) and the other is thirty and has her own book blog (link above! link above!).

Most of my info (and an additional twenty tidbits) can be found perusing around here. Or looking to the left....lol. I'm not too terribly exciting but I am super super excited to be branching out on my own!

I was always impressed with Liza's book blog and all that she accomplished with it. When we came up with the brilliant idea for me to contribute on her blog (two kids and a international life makes it hard to keep up a blog) - I was pretty psyched. I'm one of those 'tip your toes in the water first' types. So toes tipped. And now I'm diving in...with a confession....

I have hedged and hemmed and resisted all the urgings to read the Lunar Chronicles. I've literally seen the cover to Cinder more times than I can reasonably fathom. So, after being told I had to read it for like the millionth time - I cracked.

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer
Published: January 3rd, 2012
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends (MacMillan)
Page Count: 387 (available in print and e-version)
Genre : YA, Romance, Science Fiction, Dystopian.
Find the Author : Website Twitter Goodreads Pinterest

 I loved it. Not that I didn't think I would. Most of the time when I find myself pushing away a novel or series it's because I want to save it. Do you ever do that?

Anyway, I read it. Loved it. Now I'm reading Scarlet. I'm super excited and hopeful to catch up before Winter is released. Since the series has been out for a while and I haven't finished it I'm not really 'reviewing' it. Just fan-girling out. I'm very good at the fangirling out. lol. It requires time, practice, and exceptional enthusiasm about things. (snickers to herself quietly).

Are there any books you haven't read yet because you're maybe subconsciously 'saving' them?

Jess

0 comments :